Key Events in Tull Financial Group’s History
- Robert W. Tull, Jr., also known as Robin, began his career in Financial Planning at Christian Broadcasting Network in the mid 1980’s. He later transitioned to a personal career in financial planning at Financial Designs in Virginia Beach.
- In 1989, Robin launched R.W. Tull & Associates at 1417 Battlefield Boulevard in Chesapeake, VA.
- In 1996, Robin served on the national ICFP Board (Institute of Certified Financial Planners), the organized community of Certified Financial Planner™ Professionals, which merged with the International Association of Financial Planners (IAFP) in 2000 to ultimately form what is now the Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- In Spring 2003, the business formally changed its name to Tull Financial Group, Inc.
- On September 30, 2004, the business formally and completely separated from any commissions-based revenues to become fully sustained through fee-only services.
- On August 30, 2005, the business changed location to its current address of 640 Independence Parkway in Chesapeake, VA.
- In 2006, TFG joined NAPFA, the leading professional association of fee-only financial advisors, where we have taken a Fiduciary Oath.
- In the summer of 2012 Tull Financial Group acquired LiveOak, LLC, from fellow financial advisor, Mary Beauchamp.
- Over the past decade, TFG has more than quadrupled its assets under management.
About the Founder/CEO
Robert W. Tull, Jr. received his bachelor’s degree in Marketing from Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, OK in 1981 and his master’s degree in Business Administration from University of Houston in 1982. He earned his CFP® designation at the College for Financial Planning in Denver, CO in 1987. As founder and president of his own firm, Robin has more than 30 years of experience in the financial services field. R. W. Tull & Associates, Inc. was launched in 1989, and the business changed its name to Tull Financial Group, Inc. (TFG) in 2003. TFG continues to provide a wide range of financial services while specializing in strategic planning and asset allocation.