TFG’s 2018 Holiday Office Hours:
- November 22 & 23: Closed for Thanksgiving
- December 24: Close at 1pm for Christmas Eve
- December 25 – January 1: Closed for the week to celebrate Christmas and New Year
- End of Medicare Open Enrollment: The Medicare Open Enrollment Period for 2018 runs from October 15 – December 7, 2018. See our handy checklist called 2018 Medicare Open Enrollment to help you navigate the changes and offerings. Use it to review, compare, and potentially save money on your Medicare coverage.
- 401k Contributions: Employees must make contributions to their 401k accounts by the end of the year. The limit is $18,500 with an additional $6,000 allowed for participants over age 50.
- Required Minimum Distributions (RMD): In most cases the deadline for taking your annual RMD is Dec.31. The exception to this deadline is if this year you are making your very first RMD. In this case the deadline for this first withdrawal is April 1 of the year after you reach 70½.
- Gifts to Family Members: The limit is $15,000 to a Single / $30,000 to a Couple.
2018 Chart of Deadlines & Contribution Limits:
Are you making a gift to a charitable organization? Do you want to add more money to your 401(k), IRA, or HSA? See our useful Chart of 2018 Deadlines & Limits below for the cutoff dates to submit paperwork to TFG, and for annual contribution limits. Have questions? Feel free to call our office, or email your Client Relations Associate: Amy Pucci or Philip Tull.
This blog article is provided for general information only, and nothing contained in the material constitutes a recommendation for purchase or sale of any security, or investment advisory services. Reproduction of this material is prohibited, and all rights are reserved. Read the full Disclosure.